Topic: 3 years....

Dad

3 years ago I lost one of the greatest and most important men in my life.  Today we will put his ashes into their final resting place.  Those that were a part of his journey know he fought his battle with such a sense of calm and peace of what was to come that it was impossible not to admire him, and feel a bit of the same peace. He had a gift for putting those around him at ease. Those fortunate enough to see him those last few weeks were also witness to moments that I will never forget. To hear him speak of the two worlds he was in between, to hear him speak of (and to) people long passed, to hear of the immense beauty in the 'other world' he kept visiting and would pass into once he was ready to 'step off the curb onto a beautiful boulevard' left those of us he was leaving behind with our fears of the unknown all but gone. Although today I sit with a sad heart and tears streaming down my cheeks, my faith that he is with us always and playing guardian to all his beautiful grandchildren, and my unwavering belief that one day (in the long and distant future) I too will step off that curb and into the open arms of my waiting dad will help me through this rough day. Until then, I hope the 'important work' you said they had for you during the wait for your loved ones is keeping you busy. I hope today you are surrounded by all those who passed before you while we celebrate the life you had here on earth. I hope that later on when I cheers the incredible man I was lucky enough to call my father, you clink your glass to mine. I love you and miss you every day daddy.

Re: 3 years....

To My Dearest Jenn, that is the most beautiful remembrance a loving daughter could give her adoring Dad. I remember all those things you talk about and had told me. I know that Dad is still all around you and with you because there is no way he is going to stay away especially with those 2 Granddaughters. Not sure where all the time has gone but like you I also have no fear. You are a wonderful example of Woman with so much grace and dignity and I do miss your posts. Take care and love you much!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jen,

Beautiful! I know that when you cheer your dad then he will certainly be clinking his glass to you as well!  Thinking of you today.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Jen....what a heartfelt and true statement to a man you proudly call your Dad and someone we hold closely in our hearts.  My thoughts are with you today and always.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Jen,

What a Wonderful tribute to your dear father.   Think of you .

Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Jen,
What a wonderful tribute to read. Thank you for sharing such a personal time with us. And thank you for the descriptions of the glimpses from beyond.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.