Topic: CLEAN SCAN

Hi all.  Again, I have been off the site for the most part.  I finished chemo and with my last infusion dose lowered I am already starting to feel better.  I also had my second scan since my surgery in January and first scan since chemo.  My oncologist told me that it looked "pristine."  She said I am "comfortably in remission."  Not only that she said I can get my port out as soon as possible.  I left the office crying.  Part of me and I have mentioned this before, feels somewhat bad for posting good news as I wish everyone was able to be cured or in remission from this cancer.  At the same time I hope some find it a hopeful and inspiring story.  This time last year I was told I had a 18cm tumor and that surgery would most likely never be an option.  I can't believe that it has already been a year and so much as happened within this last year at times it's still shocking to me.  Thank you for all the continued support and I am grateful for all of you, this site has been an amazing support and resource for me since I registered last year.  Hugs an blessings to all.
Porter

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Re: CLEAN SCAN

Dear Pristine Porter, YIPPEE! And don't you ever apologize for good news, ever! My goodness you give others so much hope and that is worth everything! I am so happy for you, I jumped to the moon and back! Sending you big hugs and lots of love and you go girl! YIPPEE

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Porter.......Agree with Lainy and I am sure many others will feel the same - we are thrilled to hear of the clean scan.  It has been a tumultuous year for you, diagnoses, chemo, unexpected ability to have surgery, recovery, and adjuvant therapy.  Now, it is time to take a deep breath.   As our Lisa says: live, love, and enjoy.
Wishing for continued success and for everything good to come in your life.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Wonderful news Porter!  Congratulations. I think it is time to celebrate and do something nice and pamper yourself.

Hi Porter,

More great news this morning, yay!!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us all and please, you do not have to apologise for sharing good good news here. It sure has been quite a year for you hasn't it and I am well chuffed for you that you are feeling good. Pristine and comfortably in remission, I do like that a lot!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great news Porter.  Thanks for sharing.  So happy for you. Enjoy!

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Porter.......go out and enjoy ....your family....your life.  So happy for you.

Julie T.

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Yay!!!  Great news!

Awesome news! Definitely worth sharing! Celebration in order!
Melinda

Porter -
Wonderful new to hear. So glad that all looks good. Now to get the pesky port out. Mark could but he shudders to think of blood draws so for now I will keep managing it. I am so very, very happy for you.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Pristine Porter from Portland,
So happy for your fabulous news!!! Enjoy your summer!!!!
Peace
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Wow, that is awesome news Porter!  You are an inspiration to everyone on here!  Enjoy the summer.
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Porter..what wonderful news!  It was good news that kept me going so keep posting.  I am so happy to hear this news.

That is SO great to hear, Porter!!! You deserve a fresh start free from CC! I know they are always cautious about saying people are "in remission" but I wouldn't be surprised at all that you are is great shape after all you went through over the past year.  I share you Tears of joy. Never ever feel guilty sharing good news!
Love
Sara (Willow)

Willow

Hi, Porter. Could I have your email?
My mother is going through a similar case...
I really need to talk to someone who has already lived it.
My email is jufernandes44@hotmail.com
I would be so grateful if you came to me....
Thank you!

Wow!  I went back and searched all your topics.  What a journey in such a short time.

One question:  were your tumors restricted to the liver or had they metastasized?

Duke

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Hi Duke.  I did not have mets and my tumors were restricted to my liver.  Blessings to you.

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.