Topic: Four years cancer free!

I have not been on the discussion for a while but I have got to post the good news for my mom being cancer free for 4 years since her diagnosis.  I remember there were times when I kept searching on the discussion board trying to find the long term CC survivers.  It sure was encouraging when I found these posts.  These peoples were our idols, role models and hope when I was filled with uncertainties during the time my mom was sick.  My sister and I now feel so privileged to be one of them to share the good news and be able to give hope to other patients and their families and friends.  It is so important to take one day at a time with the feeling of hope.  This discussion board has been an amazing place for us at difficult times.

I believe there are many more of those long term CC survivors out there but not well represented on this discussion board because they forgot they once had CC!

May positive attitudes be with you always!

Re: Four years cancer free!

Maggie.....thank you for chiming in again with the most wonderful news imaginable.  I looked it up, dear Maggie, and realized that your last posting was dated August 2012.  I too believe that there are many more long term survivors, but for this or that reason, they don't return to share  the good news with us.  Thank you for thinking of us and spreading hope to others.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Maggie,

Thanks for stopping in and posting this.  It is so true that there are probably more of these stories out there, but most want to just forget about the fact that CC was in there lives.  This board needs all these messages of hope.   Thanks for sharing yours.

Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Maggie, a huge YIPPEE for your Mother, as always I love waking up to good news! I want to put another spin on the long term survivors. Perhaps some feel a kind of guilt that they have done so well when so many have not. I just would like to say NO ONE should ever feel guilty or weird posting good news as the good news gives others a real boost of HOPE! Keep the good news coming and another big YIPPEE for your Mother!
P. S.  Teddy told me several times that when he returned from Korea (he was in the 82nd Airborne) he always felt guilty that he survived when so many were lost and he made a pact with God to always take care of others. That kind of guilt should not be, but is very real. To me it is much like our survivors here.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Maggie-CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS MOM!! Everyone knows I post all the time because I want to give  HOPE!! I think in my 6 years of being a CC family member, the tide is slowly changing and there is more long term survivors, which is partly because of the sharing of symptoms, trials, and doctors that happens in this forum.
I know for me I share my story because for every exciting  moment and milestone I have had, there are two families not making the memories and milestones. I share, to honor my donors and give HOPE!!
Maggie and family keep popping in and giving HOPE, you are an inspiration.
Thank you God, 2 strangers, and Dr. Chapman for this post!!
Cathy,

Hi Maggie,

Congrats to your mum!!!! THanks so much for sharing this with us as I know that your mums story will inspire and give hope to so many people and their loved ones out there. Am majorly chuffed for your mum!

My best to you and your mum,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Congratulations to you and your Mom!!  I love hearing success stories!! big_smile

Maggie,
Hooray for your Momma! Thank you for sharing HOPE  with all of us.  Live laugh and love.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Great news!!

I love the word HOPE! Congratulations to you and your mom!
Melinda

Congratulations!  Just like you, I come and go on this site, but part of what brings me back are the messages of hope and success.  I always looked for those when I was feeling most down.  I, too, just passed the 4 year mark (diagnosis 4 years this month, surgery Sept 27, 2012)..and hope that people reading these messages know that there is indeed hope.  May you keep getting those great reports.
Kathy