Topic: Milestone Reached

Well, I know this is about the cc and Mark but I still have a milestone I want to share.

As many of you know my then 19 year old son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the same time Mark was diagnosed with his cc.

My son had his surgery 7-11-13 where they took out 90 lymph nodes in his neck of which 30 were positive for cancer plus his thyroid and part of a blood vessel and some muscle that were affected. He had his one year follow up with his doctor today and he is still CANCER FREE!! I can't believe I get to (or have to) say that about two close people in my life. He saw the endocrinologist that is following him and other than needing to increase his thyroid medication again, he was absolutely fine. Four more clear checks and they will consider him CURED! There's another good word.

Thanks everyone for your positive support and thoughts through this. Love you all.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Re: Milestone Reached

YIPPEE Kris news doesn't get any better than this! Girl, you post anything anytime you want....I do!
We love to hear good news from our CC Family so keep it coming! YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yay Kris, excellent news about your son! And I agree with Lainy, you post anything you want when you want and you are so right, this is a huge milestone and I'm glad that you posted it here. Hopefully the next 4 checks will go as well and yes cured, what a great word!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kris-
Very happy for you and your family! 

Big Smiles!!!

YEAH1   Great news.  I'm sure that future ones will be just as good.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Kris.....What wonderful news for you and your family.  Dang...here I am with tears falling down my face again, but you KNOW these are happy tears for you all.  Best news ever.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Awesome News!!!!
smile

Wonderful news, dear Kris.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER