Re: Feedback regarding new website

How's the speed of the boards working for everyone? For me it is slow, taking 18 seconds or so to load up a page and jump between them etc. I timed it and the longest it has taken tonight is about 25 seconds and I am on 50mb broadband. Been slow for a while now, since the site changed and i wondered if it is the same for everyone else in general?

Thanks all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

About the same for me, too Gav.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

53 (edited by Darla Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:17:38)

OK, so now that we have said this, I have been trying it.  Jumping from one place to another and I am finding it is a lot better.  Only 5 seconds or so, sometimes even quicker.   HMMM

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thanks for that Darla. Seemed a bit quicker here as well in logging in right now and loading up this page. Will see how it goes from here!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So now I  just logged in and it does seem slower again.  I'm thinking they are still working on it and eventually it will be back to normal.

"One Day At A Time"

Guess it is not my computer connection - reached out to Rick, awaiting an answer.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for that Darla and Marion. The speed seems to change with me as well at various times, slower then quicker but never as quick as the old site was. I wonder if it's something to do with how much bigger the new site is, more info, graphics etc? No doubt that Rick will get to the root of the problem, go Rick, he's the man!!! smile

Hello everyone,
The pages load very well for me on my iPhone and iPad.   I don't seem to have any problems with quick navigation and page population.  From having some recent internet problems and working along with my internet provider, I have discovered that internet speed can vary quite rapidly from moment to moment and this in itself can really affect how fast a page populates.  Everything looks good on my end.

Labrador- Patricia

Wonderful to hear, Patricia.  Thanks for the feedback. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for that Patricia. Speed issues on pages loading etc seem only to happen here for me. I use a desktop only, none of these new fangled gadget techy type things! Guess I'm a tech dinosaur still! smile

In my case, the problem is related to a horrible computer virus which has embedded itself in the registry and just about everything else.  It is a mess and I am about to go crazy which I think was the intent of the nasty individual developing this awful virus.
Yikes.
Hugs,
Marion

Ouch, nasty Marion! Have you ran scans and stuff to try and clear it?

Hope you can get it fixed, nothing worse than nasties on your pc. Well there are worse things to happen but you know what I mean Marion!

Hugs,

Gavin

I didn't have an issue with loading speed until the last week or so.  Now it is very slow, even at 4:00 am.

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Well, what are you doing up at 4AM.  Sorry that could be too much information!!!  {}{}{}{}{}

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

6.51 am for me over here and the site is not as slow this morning as it was last night for me.

66 (edited by JScott Sun, 03 Aug 2014 06:40:29)

Just checking...

According to my system, It has been a day and a half since anyone made a post.  That almost never happens.  I figured I would make a test post to see if everything was working.

EDIT - Well, the post showed up, so it looks like everything is working ok.  I guess it is just quiet on the forums this weekend.

Jason

Jason, yes, it was a pretty quiet week. Perhaps members taking trips before school starts or everything is STABLE! Just thought I would use that word.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Stable......what a beautiful word!
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Quiet, on here? That'll be a first! smile