Topic: 5-year scan

Went for my 5-year scan on Monday and to see the oncologist today and the good news is that my scan was clear!  There was some "transient" things on the scan that seem to show on all of my scans in different places on different scans.  It has something to do with the way the contrast is picked up in my liver but doesn't represent anything other than noise on the image.  My oncologist said he is almost done with me.

I feel blessed and lucky and only wish that everyone on here could get the same good news.

Best wishes to all,
-Randi-

it's my 20-15-5 survivorship year and I am enjoying every minute. smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: 5-year scan

Randi......OH WOW OH MAN ....what fantastic news for you....for all of us to hear.  I was feeling sort of down and this is a real picker-upper.

Julie t.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Dear Randi, girl. YIPPEE! What great news. Go play the lottery! I am over the moon for you! Love and hugs!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Randi.....you have so much to celebrate - three cancers conquered - you are superwoman. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congrats once again to you Randi! Brilliant news and time for you to celebrate big time me thinks!

Celebratory hug for you!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Randi,

Such great news.  So happy for you.  Enjoy!  smile

Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Randi,

That is so awesome and so very inspiring!! Thank you so much for the good news today.....I was in need of a bit of a pick me up and you just gave me one!! Congratulations on conquering three different battles! You are my hero! smile
Melinda

Thank you everyone!  I really did not think I would be here in 2014, much less be healthy.  I try and take each day as it comes and these past five years have been some of the most rewarding (and challenging) for me.  I met so many wonderful people on my CC journey.  Thanx again!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi....This is just the best news ever! I'm so happy for you and to almost be done with your oncologist must feel well almost normal..like we know what that feels like ha! Praying for you always...

Nancy

Congratulations!!!

Randi,

so pleased over the excellent news.  Here's to a further 50 years of good news.

Take care

Ilias

Ilias....how cool it is to hear from you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanx everyone.  Nancy: you'll have to remind me again what normal is smile

Such WONDERFUL news, Randi.  Take a deep breath, rejoice and widen the distance!  So happy for you.
Kathy

Thanks Marion....always a pleasure....yes it's quite cool down here in Melbourne...lol

Cheers

marions wrote:

Ilias....how cool it is to hear from you.
Hugs,
Marion

Congratulations, Randi!!!!!!

Willow

We rejoice in your good news and appreciate your sharing it.  You have our prayers for continuing health.

The Board has a little trouble with the following, but it's supposed to be mazel tov.  (Lainy - turn a (goy) guy loose with Google and the sky is the limit.)

מזל טוב

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Ha, Ha Duke. It is always good to wake up and start laughing. You do quite well, next is your Bar Mitzvah! Don't laugh, at 65 I was Bat Mitzvah. But at 74 I can't remember much. Have a great day, today is infusion day for me with the Remicade for colitis. I am starting to self prescribe! I was on 4 vials for 9 months and my GI had LABs done which showed I was not rejecting the Remicade but that I was not getting enough. So July 2nd increased me from the 4 to 7. Oh, man, I have had 2 months from hell.  So I called him Monday and said I will take the 4 but not the 7. I am no better than when I did take the 4 so why suffer more? I know I will get yelled at but I just have this feeling to go off all Meds for 2 weeks (nothing is life threatening) and see how I feel. I need a break. Know what I mean? Anyway, I am extremely happy to see you on the site more as I always look forward to your posts!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.