Topic: A WAY TO RAISE MONEY AND SEND CARDS

I had posted in another site about having a fund to help "our own" but would like to expound a tad. We could have generic greeting cards made up and people can buy them for $5 per card. We can sell them in batches of 5 and the buyer can then use them to send out for birthdays, anniversaries, or what ever they choose. By doing this we create a nice fund in order to help our fellow travelers along this awful journey. Maybe pay for a hotel out of town for medical reasons, help with a funeral etc, etc. Have a chairperson for the cards and mailings and have the Board qualify someone in need. In times of a crunch it could be a board qualification by e mail. I am sure you get the gist of this. Just an idea but I think our account would fill up quickly.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: A WAY TO RAISE MONEY AND SEND CARDS

Good suggestion Lainy.  We are always open to looking at options for raising funds.

Lainy/Stacie - this is an old post but I wondered if anything more has been said about these cards?  After a few years of being hooked on email, I've definitely gone back to the old fashioned system of actually "posting" cards (mind you - not a good idea in England, at the moment ...)

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Thanks for bringing back one of these older threads.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

We could persue this a bit more.  Does someone have any specific ideas as to how to go about it?
Thanks
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi lovely lady!  This would really be the absolute easiest. The Board needs to have  cards made up with our logo. All they would say is a donation has been made to the CC Foundation  and people would fill in the rest. EX: Birthday, Illness, Anniversary, etc. They can be sold for any amount. Like 5 for 20.00. One person would receive orders payable by credit card or check and send out the requested amount of cards. Done.  Let me know if this makes sense....still on percoset.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy....We would need someone to take on the position of mailing out the cards to those requesting them.
Marion

I think the paranoid member of the board (me) was not keen on sending out stationary with our logo due to legal concerns.  However, if we were to come up with unique designs to put on the cards, then that would be preferred. 

I don't know how many of you have seen the MD Anderson holiday cards that are produced every year.  It's part of the children's art project during the year, and they select a few designs to be the holiday cards for the year.  They are quite big in Houston, but maybe that's because MD Anderson is in our backyard...perhaps they don't make the rounds nationally? 

If we did something similar, that would be fun.  I'm sure there are a few artists on here!  Anyone game to make a few holiday-related designs?

30-something caregiver

Never thought about "legal" ramifications. I can cook, clean, entertain but when it comes to art, fah gid aboud it!!!  Perhaps we could use Kris's Yellow Rose for that. Just an idea.

Marion I don't mind being the keeper of the cards, unless of course someone else prefers to do that. Not knowing what is happening down the road with T, it would be something easy I could do.

Does anyone else feel between the posibilities of a month, a rose, and cards that we are turning into one big awareness machine! I dare someone to contact a big newspaper and ask them to make cholangiocarinoma a word in their crossword puzzle. I double dog dare you!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

The problem with a crossword puzzle is that CC may be longer than the puzzle allows! I feel the longer a word though the more attention it deserves!