Re: My Report Card(CT Results)

Jeff, 
As everyone else has said before, and I will say it again...you are an inspiration to us all!  I apologize for not having applauded you sooner.  I truly believe that you are a gift from God to all of us who have traveled this CC road without a map.  It has been your guidance and encouragement that has helped us to 'forage on'.  Your family and you are always in my prayers.
Jolene
(daddysgirl)

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Dear Jeff -- in the world of cholangiocarcinoma, you are the hope, the light, the optimism that we all need. 

I want you to know that I pray for you, your family, your health. 

During the darkest days, reading your posts is a constant inspiration.   
DianeC

Jeff, After getting a diagnosis 4 weeks ago that dad had only 4 or so weeks left dad started his treatment of tarceva and oxyplatin.  He's on his third week of tarceva and his second treatment of oxyplatin.  He looks better than he has since his diagnosis.  He has stage IV cc and this new doctor told him that the odds were against him but that things couldn't get any worse.  He's finally stable when he walks, he's no longer confused and his color looks better.  We'll know in a couple of weeks if this treatment is helping when he goes in for his "report card".  He never liked school as a little boy but I've told him that this was one test he needed to pass :-)

29 (edited by JeffG Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:02:25)

...With all the sincere heart felt prayers and words of support from you all; How can a guy give in to this mean disease?  Although I have felt like one of those blow up punching toys, I'm going to keep bouncing right back up as long as the seams don't pop!  We might just nip this disease in the butt yet,
Ya Never Know? oops! popcorn is ready, love the smell of popcorn.
God Bless You All,
Jeff G.
P.S. Rank... glad to hear the positive response of your Dad.  I think maybe the end of October, I will try Tarceva, if all of the unknown or should I say unseen proves okay.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Hi Jeff, great to still see that fighting spirit. You are a star and have lifted Peter and my hope about fighting this cancer as long as we can. I would like to admit that the diet, mentioned in the book Anticancer from Dr. David Servan-Schreiber does Peter good. It is just a different way of eating and he likes it very much and eats more. (Though he also lost 1,5 kilo's because we completely stopped with sugar, honey and syrups.) But his energy is still good and his coughing less. Maybe an idea for you? Anyway, Peter and I are thinking of you and whish you the best.
Iris.