Re: My Chemo Journey . . .

I am all smiles today. I am getting my last treatment, keep your fingers crossed, forever! I have to say that I have been feeling good with chemo. I have the usual fatigue and a little bit of nausea, but for the most part I have been feeling not too much different. My biggest complaint is the weight gain. I know for most people its a normal part of chemo, but I still enjoy complaining about it. I think I had an easier time handling the cancer diagnosis, surgery and chemo. But the weight gain just plain pisses me off. Oh well accept the things I cannot change I guess. I am looking forward to regaining my strength and stamina and starting to exercise again.
Thank you to everyone for all of the words of encouragement and wisdom. I am supposed to have a scan in June and I am trying not to think too much about it yet. I am looking forward to summer and moving into our new house. My summer will be busy with settling into the house and starting on the yard. Oh and turning 30. It will be a fun and hopefully productive summer.
Shari

Shari, Shari, Shari you are fantastic!!! Wishing you all the best and may your move in to the new house bring you much good health and happiness!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I had the most wonderful surprise at chemo today. My mom, 2 sisters, sister-in-law and brother came and visited me at chemo today. It was kinda weird to have people with me today. I am so used to flying solo at chemo, and with having chemo over the winter months in ND it really wasn't the best time to be on the roads. And as with my family they came in style, toting balloons, a gift basket, and an awesome sweatshirt with the coolest logo on the back. I am the luckiest person alive to have the greatest family and awesome support system. Just had to share smile

Hi Shari,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all! You certainly do have the greatest family and what good support they have given you! I am glad that you have had your last session today and yes, I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Try not to focus too much on the upcoming scan and think more about the upcoming summer, it certainly sounds like you have a lot to look forward to this summer!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hello everybody,
I really have been MIA the past few weeks. I cannot believe how things have gotten back to normal since finishing up chemo. I have to say that my energy is back to 100 percent. My labwork looks great. I just had a CT scan this week and things are unchanged from the last one. I have been spending my time getting back to a normal, chemo free, life.
We are all moved into our house and settled. Now comes the fun part of home ownership, landscaping and all of the fun stuff that goes with it. It really is nice to be in a place of our own. We were able to get the camper out to the lake for the first time and it was a wonderful time spent with family.
I want to thank everybody here for there support and encouraging words. It helped me get through all of the hard times. I wil try to check in more often now that we are moved and things are starting to slow down
Shari

Dear Shari, all I can say is YIPPEE! Ya know, people who stay away due to the not so good news miss the great reports like yours! You are a Miracle, a survivor and a new house owner! You just keep on enjoying! Good to see you again!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.